What is ‘Registered Training Supplier’ status?
- Registered Training Supplier (RTS) status is a method whereby suppliers of training services are assessed against pre-determined criteria, with those suppliers who satisfy the registration criteria being placed on the CSQ Registered Training Supplier database for a three (3) year period up to 30 June 2018.
- Registered Training Suppliers will receive an invitation-to-offer to apply for training procurement funding opportunities when they are released by CSQ.
- As it is a competitive and open market, there are no guarantees that RTOs who are invited-to-offer will receive a contract with CSQ.
- CSQ reserves the right to revoke an RTO’s RTS status at any time, subject to their non-compliance with the terms and conditions associated with CSQ funding contracts, or failure to maintain the mandatory requirements to achieve RTS status.
What is the benefit of an RTS system?
- RTOs who obtain RTS status will not have to provide CSQ with financial, legal, insurance and general information for up to 3 years (subject to that information remaining current and accurate from the time RTS status is granted)
- Streamlines the information required to be submitted in response to future invitations-to-offer.
- It provides CSQ with a register of pre-qualified suppliers and the regions they can deliver training in.
Who is eligible to become a Registered Training Supplier (RTS)?
- Application for RTS is open to all RTO’s.
- RTO’s must meet the following requirements:
- must have an active RTO registration status (as indicated on www.training.gov.au)
- must be able to deliver training and assessment services to the Building and Construction Industry in Queensland
What if I need help with my application?
- If assistance is required with the eProcure portal, RTO’s should refer to the help FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) on the portal.
- For further assistance relating to the system, RTO’s should contact the eProcure portal provider, TenderSearch, directly on 1800 377 628.
- All questions relating to the RTS application are to be made online through CSQ eProcure portal.
What is the RTS approval process?
- Registered Training Supplier (RTS) status will only be granted upon receipt, evaluation and approval of an RTO’s application.
- The evaluation and approval of applications will be ongoing, thereby allowing new RTO’s to engage with CSQ at any time during the three (3) year period up to 30 June 2018.
- New applications for RTS can only be made between 1 October and 30 June each year.
- Applicants will be notified in writing electronically of CSQ’s decision regarding their application.
What happens if the RTS application is not approved?
- Applicants will be notified in writing electronically of the reasons why their application was not approved.
- Where the RTS application is not approved, RTO’s are unable to make another application until the reasons for the non-approval have been rectified. Once rectified, RTO’s can reapply by completing and submitting another online RTS application form.
- Where the reasons for the non-approval are such that rectification is not possible, RTOs will not be able to reapply and will be notified accordingly.
What happens after the RTS status approval period expires?
- Prior to the end of the RTS approval period, CSQ will conduct a review of all RTO’s holding RTS status to determine if they will be approved for another three (3) year period.
- CSQ may request these RTO’s to make application again via the CSQ eProcure system.
- RTOs holding RTS status who have not made an application for funding for the past 2 years will have their RTS status revoked and will have to reapply for RTS if they wish to make future funding applications.
- Approval for a further three (3) year term will be dependent upon performance against funding Contracts held during the previous 3 year period, and continuing to meet the mandatory requirements to achieve RTS.
- Providers will be notified electronically by CSQ of the outcome of the review of their RTS and the subsequent continuation or cancellation of such.